Looking for an easy, relatively clean and tasty way to get more veggies into your family’s diet? This vegetarian winter warmer courtesy of @healthwithkym offers all the goodness of mushrooms and broccolini, and tastes so good even the kids won’t realise it is healthy. Plus, it takes just 25 minutes to whip up – perfect for women on the go!
Vegetarian Thai Peanut Butter Ramen
Serves two | 629 calories (per serve)
Macros (per serve): 22.2g protein | 65.1g carbs | 31.2g fat | 9.2g fibre
300g brown mushrooms (sliced)
1 bunch broccolini (chopped)
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1.5 tbsp green curry paste
3.5 cups veggie stock
400ml can coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp ginger (grated)
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1/2 cup Mayver’s Dark Roast Smooth Peanut Butter
250g plain/unflavoured ramen noodles
1. Heat the oil in a large pot, and then add the garlic, ginger and curry paste. Stir for approximately 1 minute or until fragrant, before adding the mushrooms and broccolini.
2. Once the mushrooms are slightly browned and sautéed, add the coconut milk and stock. Stir until all the ingredients have combined and are simmering.
3. Add the peanut butter, honey and soy sauce and stir until the peanut butter has dispersed throughout.
4. Bring the mixture to simmer again, then add the ramen noodles and follow packet instructions for stove cooking time (approximately 3–5 minutes).
5. Once the noodles are cooked, you’re ready to serve!
Cooking this recipe at home? Don’t forget to share your snaps and tag us on Instagram @strongfitnessmag_au – we would love to see them!
*Calories and macronutrient calculations are estimates and are designed to be a guide only.